I’ve been sporadically blogging about my music and whatnot for a few years now and the top search term that brings people to my website is still…well why not have a guess?
You’re right! It’s Team Rocket. Oh wait, you didn’t guess that? Of course you didn’t. Why would you? Unless you’re a big fan of that one time several years ago when I made a throwaway reference to Team Rocket from the video game/TV series Pokémon and included a picture. I’m still holding out hope for one of these dedicated Pokémon baddie-fans to also be a huge fan of verbose singer/songwriters. I’m sure they’re sitting slap bang in the middle of a Venn diagram somewhere, just waiting to stumble across my music.
In the meantime, I’m looking forward to my next Glasgow show which is at the end of the month in the Tron Theatre! That show is for Rally and Broad, where I’ll be performing alongside the likes of Alan Bissett, Katy Hastie, Katherine Leyton, and Rachel McCrum. This should be a special one and a little bit different so I hope you can make it! There’s a wee Facebook event page here, if you’re into that sort of thing.
Stuff you might have missed recently:
- I played Brew at the Bog and a had a right lovely time. Best festival out.
- I recorded a podcast with the director of my new music video.
- I’ve been fannying about on Vine quite a bit.
- I filmed a session for the folks at Clydeside Sessions. Here’s a wee intro to the team themselves before the session goes up within the next week.
- I wrote a handful of new songs. No links though, you’ll just need to come hear them at my next show. Yaaaaaas.
So, I’m sure it’s probably a bit annoying for Pokémon fans to scour the Internet for Team Rocket news and come across my completely un-bad-guy-from-kids-anime-related website, but I’d like to think one or two of them stick around to listen to my music or check out a video. And hey, it’s not like I’m just throwing popular search terms into the titles of my blog posts on purpose.
Til next time!