Hello folks! You’re looking positively refulgent, you classy devils. I’ve been busy writing (the good kind, not the other kind) and doing plots and plans and schemes and things. I’ve also taken to wearing a very small hat. It’s a crazy time. I also took some time recently to make a wee playlist for Argos Barks, featuring some of the braw folk who make braw folk and can regularly be found making my ears happier. Some are more obvious than others, given that my usual partners-in-crime are featured, but so are some heroes and people I’m resigned to admiring from afar. The playlist is as follows:
- Andrew Lindsay – The Boat Outside
- Reverieme – Weans
- Beans on Toast – Coke
- Where We Lay Our Heads – Wondering About the Fall
- Daniel Versus the World – One Night Hug
- Kitty the Lion – Split Ends
- Laura Marling – My Manic and I
- Loch Awe – The Ocean in Me
- Second Hand Marching Band – A Dance to Half Death
- Shambles Miller – Things That Make Me Angry
- Loudon Wainwright III – Motel Blues
- Emily Barker – Fields of June
- Julia and the Doogans – Borderline
- Billy Bragg – Waiting for the Great Leap Forward
- Bruce Springsteen – Thunder Road
A mighty bag’o’tracks to be sure. Mr. Barks (as he will always be known in my mind) also says some lovely words about me, which I’m very flattered by. He must be wise and handsome. To hear the playlist in full, head over to Argos Barks right this very minute! Your ears would thank you, if they could speak, but they can’t. They’re ears. They have neither the agency nor ability to do so.
In other news, I have gigs soon! I’m playing a couple of shows with Dave Arcari and it’d be great if you could make it along, the dates and times are below, along with the facebook event pages where you can also find links to buy tickets online! Hope to see you there!
Oh and I recently updated my bandcamp with physical STUFF, so take a gander. And yes, the picture of my dog, Dusty, is only really up at the top of this post because of a rather tenuous “barks” link. It’s my blog, I’ll do what I want. Put the kettle on since you’re up, would you?
Til next time folks,
love Shambles x